Hills and valleys

Wednesday, March 01, 2006


Here's something which might appeal to all you quilt artists out there knowing how much you love zany designs! This is of course an aurora. This was taken from a farmer's field at the back of David Russell Hall of residence in St. Andrews,(East coast of Scotland fifty miles northish of Edinburgh) sometime between 11 pm and 3 am, sometime around the very early 1980s !
it was taken by my friend Owen Brazell who is well known in Astronomical circles. if any of you are interested in Deep Sky objects you might want to go and have a look at the Webb Society, http://www.webbsociety.freeserve.co.uk/committee/brazell.html
I'm still waiting to see my first Aurora from North Wales! I think I'm in for a long wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Plummer said...

I never saw it! Boo hoo...

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home