Hills and valleys

Wednesday, April 05, 2006




...and finally, the prettymuch-complete version, at least complete until I try improving it. That's the trouble, I think I've finished a cartoon, then I start to see all the little not-quite-right things, like for instance, I've used upper instead of lower case...so I might try changing that, and the writing could still be larger. Oh, and by the way, I used acrylic inks for the sky. a new discovery...though I could have brushed the sky more evenly. I'm still a beginner in acrylic inks...but they are really nice to work with. The stars are just dabs of tippex! (Actually Looking at it again maybe they look more like snow than stars...will have to work on that!) I have a vague memory that a great friend from years ago (who was from Minneapolis) told me that on the other side of the pond you call this 'white-out'. For all who wonder what Tippex is!













Here's the 'gone-over-the lines-again' version, and with the tail back to normal and an exclamation mark instead!



















I used one of my scanned copies to add the writing. As you can see, a scan/photocopy comes out really faint, so everytime I copy, I have to go over it all again! This takes about twenty minutes to do it carefully, and making sure the wet ink doesn't smudge. The originals are all A4 size.The brilliant advantage about scanning/photocopying is the fact that all tippex makes a miraculous disappearance! I also tried experimenting with the tail to try and show expression, but I didn't think it really worked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home